2023年11月6日 星期一

Reason to study the CPCAB Level 2 course



https://www.cpcab.co.uk/learners/



Although all the people joining this class are studying counselling, it doesn’t mean that all people have the same motivation. The reason why I study this course is because I wish to discover the possibility that I can be a counsellor in UK considering English is my secondary language. For me, the motivation to study the course is to understand my strengths and limitations, so that I can make better career planning for my future life in the UK. I notice that all individuals come from different backgrounds and have their unique stories. For example, one classmate is keen on learning more about counselling because he understands more about himself during his own experience communicating with a counsellor. In contrast, the reason for another classmate to study this subject is because she wishes to learn some skills and help people at her workplace. It’s a good thing to meet people pursuing the same knowledge and skills but because of distinct motivations.

As mentioned before, different people are having their own reason to study, and it’s very common that people will have own focus during the lesson. For classmates that wish to learn some skills and use it at the workplace, I think they may be more interested in learning the basic counselling skills, so that they can apply them right away after the lessons. For students who are keen on understanding themselves, they might be more interested in understanding the impact of their originated family, spending time to study those theories and trying to link them with their own experiences. For myself, I think I will be more interested in noticing my oral language skills during practicing sections at lesson and to find out more information about the qualifications and progression route. Nevertheless, I think that will not affect how we help each other during helping interaction. We can still assist the others by paying attention to their sharing at the lessons. I believe that our uniqueness can enrich each other’s learning experience and we can all learn something that are different from our own perception. Of course, that requires everyone to be non-judgmental and willingness to listen.

Regarding judgments about the others, I find that it’s an interesting question. Although we only have limited time to know each other, I have already classified people to different categories based on first impressions and conversations that happened during the first lesson. For example, I will identify someone who is similar to my friends because their personalities seem similar. Most likely I will assume there mindset or way of doing things will be similar. I’d say it’s not a fair judgement, but I noticed that I already made the judgement unconsciously. One of the things that I keep reminding myself is that possibly I cannot control the creation of those unconscious judgement, but I can always remind myself not to fully rely on those judgements, and try to understand people by continuous communication during lesson. I think this self-talk is extremely important to me. Since I am aware of the existence of the judgement, I can then try to do something to face it.




沒有留言:

張貼留言

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...